The way we engineer a tooling transfer consistently wins us valuable customers. Oconomowoc Molded Products does not charge customers for tooling review, sampling, or first article inspection (excluding repairs).
We have successfully managed tooling transfer programs ranging from one mold to 20 molds. It begins with analysis of your tooling and continues with status updates at every major step in OMP’s well-documented transfer process.
1. Existing quality and delivery concerns are reviewed with the customer prior to mold transfer.
2. Transfer program timeline is established and agreed to by customer and OMP.
3. Molds are received at OMP.
4. Tools are cleaned and inspected, documenting mold condition and required repairs.
5. Customer is provided with a tooling diagnostics report, indicating any initial repairs that are required prior to sampling.
6. Mold repairs are completed, if necessary.
7. Molds are sampled.
8. 1st Article Inspection Reports are completed and samples are submitted for approval.
9. Production is started upon customer approval of samples
Interested in technical details, or want to begin a tool transfer process? Contact our Support Team at 262-567-1313